- Taoist&Culture 道家与中华民俗
- Solar Calendar 阳历与阴历
Cultural Dates 民俗吉日
1 – Taoist&Culture 道家与中华民俗
Taoism and Culture
In ancient oriental society, during the time where no proper academia was present, there were no proper school for children to learn basic skills, teaching methods were only relied on knowledge passed down from one generation to another to learn about the culture, custom and environment around them.
Throughout the years, in a time where apes started to walk as upright man, humans took an interest in understanding the world. They took notes via symbols and passed on the skill from one generation to another. The data that was captured by roaming hermits, herbalists, explorers etc was collectively complied to form a basic principle for the balance of life, living environment and nature, the law of balance formed the fundamental principle later known as ” I-Ching”.
I-Ching was greatly practice by isolated individual referred themselves as Taoists, “Tao Jia” in easier terms means “House Order of Tao” (Taoism pronounced as “Dao”). The word Tao represents several meanings such as Meaningful, Path, Leading to, Way, Reason, Absolute etc. The word itself signifies an Order to everything that around us.
The I-Ching principles became a set of Order can be referred to as certain representation of Science in the ancient world. From this set rules, spawned the development of Chinese Herbal Medicine (measure for the formation of human structure, energy flows and components), Agriculture (measure of periodical changes in time and seasons), Architecture (measure of structure, minerals and materials), Living Methods (measure of Lifestyle and Health) and Prediction (measure in changes using statistics).
2 – Solar Calendar 阳历与阴历
At this time, I have yet found a way to convert from Solar to Lunar and vice-versa.
Information I have gathered currently shows that the lunar date is using movements of the moon which is someone irregular and only has consistency that may only lasts for 100 years. At this time, so far lunar dates which is the Nong Li (which current chinese new year is celebrated) is gathered from the astronomical observatory. eg in hong kong.
There are some basic information that one should understand. And these are rules that one should not be confused about.
1) The chinese calendar uses both Solar (Sun) and Lunar (Moon) phases to calculate the date. Thus its commonly known as a Luni-Solar Calendar.
2) There are 2 month cycles in the chinese calendar. One uses Solar (Sun) positions to calculate and the other uses moon phases to calculate.
3) Bazi uses only the solar calculation. and Zi wei dou shu on the other hand uses both the solar and lunar months.
4) Gregorian calendar is the current western calendar that is acknowledged universally. And most birth dates uses this.
5) The solar month will result the year starting at the 4th or 5th of gregorian Feb.
6) Lunar Month Phase Chinese Calendar is also known as Nong Li (Farmers Almanac), Chinese Lunar Calendar.
7) Solar Month Phase Chinese Calendar is also known as Min Li (Public or Commoners Calendar).
for more rules, please refer to chineseastrologyonline.
Calendar with the following characteristics:
1. Average year of 365 days (52 weeks +1 day), a leap year 366 days (52 weeks +2 days). Average year on February 28 days, February 29 leap year days.
As a result of the year as January 1, Saturday, March 1 it was Wednesday. – Pay attention to the “three”
In order to achieve the most simple algorithm, so this algorithm to “a week” for the unit. And election of March 1 as the base month.
2. Every 400 years tenths of the whole or every 4 years for a hundred years not a leap. (Reasons for this: the Earth around the sun a week is 365 days 5 hours 46 seconds, in order to make the number of days a year as an integer, the number of days to a year for 365 days, and the remaining time up to four years is 23 hours 15 minutes 4 seconds, nearly a day, that day in a particular year increase from 29 days in February, known as a leap year that year, other years as the average year. However, four years plus a day spent another 44 minutes and 56 seconds, the number of flooded 400 for three years. So 400 years a leap year only 97, so who can be divisible by 400, or can not be divisible by 100 but can be divisible by 4 years as a leap year.)
So a hundred years% 4 = 0 Darun or (year% 4 = 0 and in <> 0) leap.
3. Every 4 years (3 months average year a leap year +1) a total of 208 weeks +5 days – to pay attention to this “5 days”
A total of 100 * for every hundred years (208 weeks +5 days) -1 days +5 days = 5217 weeks – to pay attention to this “5 days” (temporarily for centuries as a whole an average year)
Every 400 years a total of 4 * (5217 weeks +5 days) +1 days (the entire 400-year leap) = 20,871 weeks +0 days – note the “0 days” and
“1 day” (the whole four years there is only one leap year)
That is, a reincarnation 400 years! (The original calendar is a 400 years ago)
by MG Lim
National University of Singapore
初一日 : 元始天尊、元天大帝、玄天大帝 – 三清圣诞 Yuan Shi Tian Zun
初五日 : 财神圣诞 Cai Shen (God of Wealth)
初九日 : 玉皇大帝圣诞 Yu Huang Da Di’s (Jade Emperor)
十五日 : 三元天元圣诞 San Yuan Tian Yuan
初二日 : 土地公, 地主圣诞 Tu Di Gong (God of Land)
初二日 : 大伯公圣诞 Da Bo Gong (God of Wealth)
初二日 : 龙台头，迎钱龙祈福求财吉日, “头牙” 拜地主祈福, 参考本站 “拜地主” 篇
初三日 : 文昌帝君圣诞 Wen Chang Di Jun’s (God of Culture and Literature)
十三日 : 葛仙翁圣诞 Ge Xian Weng’s (Immortal Pill Maker)
十五日 : 太上老君圣诞 Tai Shang Lao Jun (老子 Lao Zi)
十六日 : 天仙娘娘圣诞
初九日 : 清明节 – 吃寒食十三绝 (Remembrance day – Eat cold foods)
廿三日 : 天后玛祖圣诞 Ma Zhu (Goddess of Longevity)
廿六日 : 鬼谷先师诞 Gui Ku Zi Xian Shi
初十日 : 何仙姑圣诞 – 八仙 He Xian Gu (8 Immortals)
十四日 : 吕洞宾圣诞 – 八仙 Lu Dong Bin (8 Immortals)
十五日 : 汉钟离圣诞 – 八仙 Han Zhong Li (8 Immortals)
十八日 : 华佗神医师尊圣诞 Hua Tuo Shen Yi Shi Jun (God of Medicine)
初一日 : 南极长身大帝圣诞 Nan Ji Chang Sheng Da Di
初五日 : 端午节 Duan Wu Jie (Dragon Boat Festival)
初五日 : 天中初毒日, 参考本站 “五毒扇” 篇.
十五日 : 关帝圣君圣诞 Guan Sheng Di Jun – 1
十八日 : 张天师圣诞 Zhang Tian Shi
廿九日 : 灵保天尊圣诞 Ling Bao Tian Zun
十五日 : 王灵天君圣诞 Wang Ling Tian Jun
廿四日 : 关帝圣君圣诞 Guan Sheng Di Jun – II
廿五日 : 蓝采和圣诞 – 八仙 Lan Cai He’s (8 Immortals)
廿六日 : 二郎真君圣诞 Er Lang Zhen Jun (God of Generals)
初七日 : 道德腊之辰 Festival of the Seven Sisters (Jade Emperor’s Daughters)
初十日 : 铁拐李圣诞 – 八仙 Tie Guai Li (8 Immortals)
十五日 : 中元节 Zhong Yuan Festival
三十日 : 地藏王菩萨圣诞 Di Zhang Wang (God of Netherworld)
初三日 : 九天司命灶君诞 北斗下降之辰 Dipper God to decends to Earth
初三日 : 灶君圣诞 (Stove/Kitchen God)
十五日 : 中秋节 Moon Cake Festival / Chang E Moon Goddess Festival
十五日 : 太阴星君圣诞 Yin
十五日 : 曹国舅圣诞 – 八仙 Cao Guo Jiu (8 Immortals)
初一日 : 南斗星君降民间 Nan Dou Star God Descends to Earth
初一至初九日 : 北斗九星降世辰 The Nine Dipper Gods Descend to Earth
(北斗七星 7 Stars of Dipper, 火神 Fire God and 土神 Earth God)
初九日 : 张三丰, 斗母, 重阳帝君, 封都帝君等圣诞
十九日 : 观音圣诞 Guan Yin (Goddess of Mercy)
廿二日 : 增福财神圣诞, 太乙真人圣诞 Tai Yi Zhen Ren
初十日: 张果老圣诞 – 八仙 Zhang Guo Lang’s (8 Immortals)
十五日 : 下元水官大帝圣诞 Xia Yuan Shui Guan
廿七日 : 紫薇大帝圣诞 Zi Wei Da Di (Big Dipper)
十一日 : 太乙救苦天尊圣诞 Tai Yi Jiu Ku Tian Zun
廿三日 : 南斗星君升天 Nan Dou Star God ascends to heaven
初九日 : 韩湘子圣诞 – 八仙 Han Xiang Zi’s (8 Immortals)
二十日 : 鲁班先师圣诞 Lu Ban Xian Shi (God of Carpentry)
廿四日 : 送神日 – 灶君回天报道 Kitchen God reports to Heaven
廿五日 : 玉皇大帝巡人间 Heaven Emperor descend to view earth