There are a few methods to disable xscreensaver.
You can disable the screensaver directly from “run” option
- Either run the command: xscreensaver-command -exit
- opening terminal
- running this line:
> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:caffeine-developers/ppa
> sudo apt-get upgrade
> sudo apt-get install caffeine
- adding new application called caffeine
- then launch it via applications
- when it starts, a cup of coffee will be in the task bar
- just click on it and activate on login as well as flash video embedded
Caffeine for 2.8 and above does screen-lock automatically. If the window is full screen, caffeine will trigger. Please read my other post to control caffeine via icon for 2.8 and later.